Almost all indoor environments have low-level mold. It is a fact! However, when there’s mold that is visible in a house or the quantity of airborne spores is greater than usual, a mold issue exists.
Problems with mold sometimes are minor and may be fixed by a homeowner. When that’s the case, Elite Remediation & Services will let you know!
But, once the issue is beyond the abilities of a homeowner, that is when Elite is the best option to perform mold mitigation, abatement, remediation, or removal. At Elite Remediation & Services, we do not overblow the issue, use any scare tactics, or suggest burning down your house. We think all mold issues may be handled in a professional way without having to break the bank.
Note to our customers:
- You’ll frequently hear various words for this process like “Mold Abatement” “Mold Remediation” and “Mold Removal.” However for our purposes, those are all the same and the terms may be interchangeably used.
- Mold removal (or, if you prefer, mold abatement or remediation) will just be effective if the intrusion of water that caused the issue is fixed.
- Safety of workers and occupants is always our main priority. That means that among other things, correct usage of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
Mold Testing and Inspection
If you aren’t certain if you have a problem with mold in your Indianapolis home, we’re able to conduct a mold inspection and test to figure out if you have a problem with mold.
We offer honest mold removal without all of the hype, scare tactics, and overblown prices. Most details on mold are incorrect. Mold issues are common yet may be fixed quickly, safely, and at an affordable cost—occasionally without a professional. Once a professional is necessary, we offer free quotes and usually can be at your business or home within 1 to 2 business days.
Our Professional Process of Mold Removal
Professional removal of mold is a step-by-step, careful process that involves using specialized cleaning agents and equipment. There are several details that are involved in correctly doing this process. However, the total process may be broken down into the following steps:
- Containment. We contain the work space to prevent cross-contamination of spores to non-affected building areas.
- HEPA Air Scrubbing. We clean the air through the use of industrial-strength and commercial-grade air scrubbing machines. The machines use HEPA filters made to capture 99.97 percent of all microscopic and airborne spores that pass through the filters. The process assists in improving air quality in the room in which the air scrubbers are positioned and prevents spores from circulating to additional rooms.
- Selective Demo. We carefully remove all negatively affected building materials. Concentration is on removal and controlled demo to prevent stirring and kicking up extra spores as much as we can.
- HEPA Vacuum. We vacuum the contaminated space using HEPA filters made to capture 99.97 percent of all microscopic and airborne spores that pass through the filters.
- Antimicrobial Cleaning. We clean the contaminated space using hospital-grade antimicrobial cleaning solutions that kill the growth of mold.
- Final HEPA Vacuuming and Clean-Up of Work Space. The last measure involves HEPA vacuuming, as well as doing an antimicrobial wipe-down upon surfaces in which mold spores might’ve settled inside the work space. When the job has been re-checked for quality, containment is taken down then the customer is informed of a successful mold remediation.
Removal of Black Mold
We get questions all the time regarding black mold. The fact is that there are several kinds of molds that are a black color. The majority of what you read concerning the health impact of black mold is unproven. Therefore, what is the actual health impact of black mold? All molds, whether they are yellow, green, black, etc. may produce an allergic response in some folks. Furthermore, just because it is black doesn’t mean it may possibly affect your health any more or less than any additional mold color. The mold’s color isn’t relevant because the correct way to remove mold is precisely the same irrespective of the species or color.
Elite Remediation & Services’ Approach to Mold Removal
Believe it or not, in most instances, mold testing is a complete waste of money. We also think that it is possible to fix a lot of mold problems without having to call a professional and we’ll let you know ahead of time when that’s the case. If you actually need a pro, it’s possible to have peace of mind having knowledge that we’ve completed hundreds of mold mitigation jobs with our team, made up of highly experienced pros whose average tenure is 10 years. Kitchen mold, bathroom mold, attic mold — you name it, we have seen it all.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mold Mitigation
What is the cost of mold remediation?
The cost of mold removal significantly varies according to the job because all jobs differ in scope and size. The majority of jobs we do are priced from $1,000 to $2,500, with some being $5,000 to over $10,000. In order to be as transparent as we can, we’ll come to your house and offer a free, no-obligation quote.
What does Elite Remediation & Services use to kill mold?
Elite uses cleaning agents especially designed for professional remediation of mold. We use “green” non-toxic cleaning solutions which are faster working and more powerful than what’s normally purchased at the hardware store.
Can mold return after being remediated?
Mold can (and probably will) return after remediation if all underlying moisture/water sources aren’t also fixed. It’s the reason why step one in any remediation project includes identifying and removing the moisture source to minimize the opportunity of a recurring problem.
Why is it growing in my home?
Mold needs 3 things to grow:
- Organic source of food. (Includes the majority of building materials like insulation, drywall, wood, etc.)
- Source of water. (that is, condensation, leaks, flooding, etc.)
- High relative humidity. (Higher than 60 percent is ideal for the growth of mold. (To be safe, keep below 50 percent).
Organic food may be found virtually anywhere, so the most effective and easiest method of controlling the growth of mold includes eliminating all unwanted sources of water.
Mold can be destructive to your property and your health that is an insidious and often hidden problem for your home and business, and it can do more than just spread and be unsightly. If you’ve discovered the presence of mold inside your Central Indiana property, the last thing you’ll want to do is ignore it. Stopping water intrusions and moisture is crucial. Mold and mildew build up over time in damp areas.
They are naturally occurring microorganisms that exist everywhere in our environment. If mold is not visible and obvious, a musty smell or the peeling, bubbling or discoloration of drywall and wallpaper can serve as warning signs. Left untreated, mold can impact the health of those exposed to it, especially those with allergies or asthma.
Moreover, the longer mold sits on your property, the more damage it has the potential to cause. Mold spores can cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks, chronic sinus problems, poisoning by mycotoxins and fungal infections. The problems can extend to fatigue and depression.
One of the most common mold removal misconceptions is that “you can just clean it yourself”. But the truth is that it takes a professional to properly analyze the situation and find the source and type of mold. If you plan to clean up the mold yourself, you will want to research mold and methods of mold remediation. You will also want to research mold remediation companies if you plan to hire somebody. Mold tends to grow in damp areas but can grow anywhere.
Serving The Indianapolis Metroplex
Marion, Hendricks, Boone, Clinton, Hamilton, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson & Morgan Counties
*Surrounding Areas are covered as well
FIRE . WATER . MOLD
GET THE HELP YOU NEED
If mold has invaded your property, contact Elite Remediation Services at once. Our mold remediation team has the tools and experience to assess your mold problem and recommend an effective solution for eliminating it.
When you call on us, we will:
- Identify sources of mold on your property
- Treat mold-infested areas
- Employ measures to prevent your mold problem from recurring
Don’t let a mold problem fester when Elite Remediation can help. For more information about our mold remediation services or to schedule an appointment, call us today: (317) 997-4305
Have an Emergency? Call us now, 24/7
Common Areas For Mold Growth
- Walls and ceilings
- Porous materials such as carpets and upholstery
- Water sources
- Appliances such as dishwashers, refrigerators, and laundry machines
- AC units, vents, and windows
- Around the toilet and the bathtub
- On the walls near the boiler or the water heater
- Between the tiles
- On the bathroom mat
- In the toothbrush holders
- On overused towels that are frequently put away wet
Mold can appear in pretty much any room inside of our homes. While most people believe that it’s contained inside bathrooms, kitchens, and basements — places that often abound in stagnant water — that’s not always the case. Still, those rooms are definitely the first places you should check: so let’s begin with the bathroom.